Who are we?
We are Kinchbus Limited. Our registered office is at Mansfield Road, Heanor, Derbyshire. DE75 7BG. Our company registration number is 02116469.
1. The Kinchkard and online account
a. The card remains the property of Kinchbus at all times.
b. Cards which are ordered online are delivered via first class post - up to five working days should be allowed for delivery.
c. Though generally always available on-bus within two hours, it may take up to twenty-four hours for any ’top-up’ products charged online to reach your card and be usable on one of our buses. Top-ups made on-bus are available for use immediately.
2. Use of the card
a. Kinchkard is an electronic smartcard which is used as an ’electronic purse’, on which securely transferred products from the online account are stored.
b. Products loaded onto Kinchkard are either multi-trip products – where the number of trips remaining reduces by each touch-on, or period pass (unlimited journeys within a defined time period).
c. The card must be ’touched on’ in order to validate the product, when boarding a bus.
d. If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must advise our Customer Services Team immediately (contact details below). Your card will then be ’stopped’ and we’ll post a replacement card out to you. The balance remaining of any products (days or trips) at the time your Kinchkard was stopped will be loaded onto the replacement card.
e. Refunds cannot be made of products once loaded onto a card.
f. All Kinchkard journeys made are recorded electronically and available to view online through your account and product history, once your Kinchkard is registered to an online account.
3. Data protection and personal information
We act as Data Controllers, as defined under the Data Protection Act (1998). Complying with our obligations and processing your personal data according to the guidelines is important to us.
How do we use the personal data we collect?
• To provide you with the service applied for
• For the ongoing administration of the service
• To allow us to improve the products and services we offer to our customers
• For research and statistical analysis including travel patterns
• To enable us to conduct surveys
• For the prevention and detection of crime and fare evasion
• To enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
To ensure that we follow your instructions correctly and to improve our customer service, we may monitor and / or record any communication between you and us.
Do we use your information for marketing purposes?
• We may contact you to let you know about our other related products or services.
• We may pass your information to selected third parties for them to send you offers.
• If you do not wish to receive such information you may choose not to do so by opting out of marketing information through the setting at the point of sign up for your online account, or you may advise us by telephoning, writing to or emailing us at the address below. If you wish to receive such information now but change your mind later, you may tell us by contacting us in the same way.
How we will contact you?
This may be by post, email, telephone or text messaging to SMS enabled devices depending on the information you have provided to us.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) above, and in accordance with the law.
When do we disclose your information to third parties, and why?
We will only disclose your information to other parties in the following limited circumstances:
• Where we are legally obliged to do so, eg. to law enforcement and regulatory authorities
• Where there is a duty to disclose in the public interest
• Where disclosure is necessary to protect our interest eg. to prevent or detect crime or fare evasion
• Where you give us permission to do so, eg. on an application form
a. Kinchkards remain valid for a maximum period of two years from the date the card was last used for travel. After this time, cards expire together with any remaining balance of products on them.
b. We reserve the right to withdraw a Kinchkard for any reason, or to refuse any application or renewal.
c. Kinchkards must be made available on demand for inspection.
For any queries regarding our terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Services team at:
Telephone : (01773) 712265